The Inaugural Run to Remember WA is THIS SATURDAY May 28th in downtown Washougal WA starting at Reflection Plaza on Main & Pendleton. Over 500 people will be running and walking the Memorial Day Mile, 5K or 10K sporting Red, White & Blue and carrying mini USA flags to honor soldiers lost in the line of service and raise funds for Battle Buddies, an organization that provides Service Dogs for Veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome.
Here are some of the event highlights:
- Over 70 USA Flags for the finish line shoot and 40 posters of local fallen heroes
- Brunch with French bread, sausage, yogurt, fruit & granola, Kind Energy Bars, Chocolate Milk and more at the finish line
- Deschutes Brewery Beer – #willRUNforBEER
- Technical Red/White/Blue Runner’s t-shirt
- Gorgeous USA Flag Finisher’s Medal
- Incredibly scenic course along the Columbia River with views of Mt. Hood
- Memorial Day 1 mile, 5K & 10K options – something for everyone!
- Sense of accomplishment – Feels so good!
- Giving back to the Community – Priceless!
Here is the website link for registration and more details or call 360.574.7292
The race will be accepting day of race registrations so it’s never too late to go for it!
Note: There are numerous human interest stories, photos and interview opportunities available. TONS OF REALLY FUN, FESTIVE COSTUMES MAKING FOR GREAT PHOTOS AND FOOTAGE!
When: Saturday May 28th – 9am for the Memorial Day mile, 10am for 5K & 10K
Where: Start/Finish: Reflection Plaza in downtown Washougal at Main Street & Pendleton
Note: Volunteers are welcome and needed! Please email email@example.com if you would like front row seats to all the action!
Contact: Sherri McMillan – firstname.lastname@example.org
360.798.4744 (cell phone)