Portland, OR – Hagg Lake is one of the nation’s oldest and longest running triathlon events, It enters its 34th year and continues to draw upwards of 600+ athletes. Its popularity is rooted in rich tradition and the exceptional venue, which is one of the most scenic in the country. The Hagg Lake course offers a true test of this terrific sport with its rolling hills on both the bike and run leg portions of the event. Make the Hagg Lake Triathlon one of your summer stops and compete on the course that has seen many of the greats in the sport of triathlon.
NEW THIS YEAR– Hagg Lake is offering us the opportunity to camp at the park this year. Our mission is to replicate the super fun atmosphere at WildFlower Triathlon in California where athletes camp, hang out, and share race stories by the camp fire at night.
Why Racing Events is proud to support High School sports programs and other non-profit organizations through this event and all the races and fundraisers on the Why Racing Events calendar each year. Some of the High School sports programs rely solely on the donations made via these events. Contributions over the years from these NW races and fundraisers have exceeded $2 million dollars. We are very thankful to the athletes, sponsors, vendors, partners and volunteers who contribute to the success of our events, allowing us to offer this support!
GENERAL EVENT SCHEDULE- June 9th
- Olympic Triathlon:1.5K Swim, 40K Bike, 10K Run (Start Time – 8:00am in waves)
- Olympic Duathlon: 5k Run, 40K Bike, 10K Run (Start Time – 8:00am mass start)
- Olympic AquaBike: 1.5K Swim, 40k Bike (Start Time – 8:00am in waves)
- Sprint Triathlon: ½ mile Swim, 12.5 mile Bike, 5K Run (Start Time – 8:30am in waves)
- Sprint Duathlon: 5k Run, 12.5 mile Bike, 5k Run (Start Time – 8:30am mass start)
- Sprint AquaBike: 1/2 mile Swim, 12.5 mile Bike (Start Time – 8:30am in waves)
Where: Henry Hagg Lake State Park, Gaston, Oregon
Note: Volunteers are welcome! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like front row seats to all the action!
Marketing and Partnerships Directors-
Juniper Fitzwilson at email@example.com or
Jaime Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, directions, registration – http://whyracingevents.com/event/875
The 34th Annual Hagg Lake Triathlon and Duathlon is a production of
Why Racing Events, Inc.