What do the following have in common?
• 50 guys running in Pink Tutus, Pink Fishnet Stockings & Pink Fake Eyelashes
• A few thousand girlfriends dressed in PINK
• Fireman, Chocolate, Cupcakes, Savory Treats, Mimosas, Massage & Brunch
• 100 kids sprinting to the finish line
Each is a part of the October 16th 10th Anniversary Girlfriends Run for a Cure to raise funds for Komen for a Cure, Pink Lemonade Project and Children’s Center
10th Annual Girlfriends Run for a Cure Quarter & Half Marathon
Our community is invited to come and cheer on a few thousand women walking and running to benefit Breast Cancer Treatment & Research. The event is women-friendly with chocolate, massage and Fireman at the finish line. The event has raised nearly $400,00 over the last 9 years so be a part of something very special.
Highlights for the 10th Anniversary:
• The SWAG is off the charts! Each participant gets a long sleeve, women’s technical finishers’ shirt, a medal AND a necklace, inspirational arm sleeves, Girlfriends Visor and more!
• 2 options including a Half & Quarter Marathon (6.55 and 13.1 miles) and half the gals walk or walk/run so everyone is welcome!
• The course are flat and fast and so beautiful along the Columbia River, Fort Vancouver, Officers Row and more
• Firemen waiting for all Girlfriends at the finish line
• Brunch, chocolate, mimosas and more once you cross the finish line!
• We have the biggest group of Pink Brigade guys ever breaking all records for raising funds for Pink Lemonade Project
Note: There are numerous human interest stories, photos and interview opportunities available.
Courses: Here’s the links to the courses. All Vancouver residents should be prepared for road closures and delays along these routes.
Half Marathon Course: www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=582609
Quarter Marathon Course: www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=582611
When: Sunday October 16th, 9:00am
Where: Start/Finish: Northwest Personal Training, 1011 Broadway in downtown Vancouver, WA
Website & Registration:
Pink Brigade Guys: 50 guys in Pink will be walking, running, biking or being a VIP volunteer to help raise funds for Pink Lemonade Project
Here’s a link to the Facebook page for a list of 2016 Pink Brigade Guys
Kids Mini Marathon – 1.1 Mile course with 100% of all the registration fees going to Children’s Center. Register your kids at http://whyracingevents.com/event/880
Volunteers – If you would like to volunteer, please email email@example.com