Kick off Northwest Trail Runs’ Winter Trail Series on Saturday, November 2, at Carkeek Park in Seattle, WA. Surrounded by mostly forest, the 10K and 5K routes are a mix of fast wide trail and narrow rolling trail with some flat sections, as well as moderate and steep sections. The course starts and finishes in the Lower Meadow next to Piper’s Creek where the salmon will be returning to spawn. While the Pacific Northwest’s winters can be gray and wet, Carkeek Park will be lush and green and a welcome break from Washington’s fall mood. Participants will also enjoy stunning views of the Olympic Mountains just across the water.
Sign up for the full Winter Trail Series listed below and be ranked in the Series standings. They’ll take your best four performances, and the top participants in each age group receive special recognition with a free entry into a future Northwest Trail Runs event.
2019-20 Winter Trail Series
- Carkeek Cooler / November 2 / 5K & 10K / Carkeek Park, Seattle, WA
- Ravenna Refresher / November 16 / 4K, 8K, 12K / Ravenna Park, Seattle, WA
- Redmond Reindeer Romp / December 7 / 5-mile & Half Marathon / Redmond Watershed Preserve, Redmond, WA
- Seward Solstice / December 21 / 4.2-mile & 10K / Seward Park, Seattle, WA
- Absolution Run / January 5 / 4-mile & 8-mile / St. Edward State Park, Kenmore, WA
- Frost Eagle / January 18 / 5-mile & Half Marathon / Soaring Eagle Park, Sammamish, WA
- Interlaken Icicle Dash / February 1 / 5K & 10K / Interlaken Park, Seattle, WA
Run / 11.02.2019 / www.nwtrailruns.com